Monday 2 January 2017

This is how the Post Title Looks Like

Posted by keerthan
I did not have enough cash to pay the laundry boy. I was frantically looking through every drawer in my house when my little girl said, “Don’t worry mom, I have money which you can use.”
My face lit up suddenly, and I asked, “Where”?
She said, “In my Barbie piggy house.”
I asked, “How much do you have?”
“Lots,”was her quick reply.
“Tell me the exact count, I said impatiently
“Five rupees.”


Though I was worried about my worthless Rs 500 and Rs 1000 currency notes, I couldn’t help but chuckle at the innocence of my four-year-old daughter. On any other day, that amount may look meager, but now the scenario has completely changed.
Thanks to our Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi, the notes of Rs 100, Rs 50, Rs 20 and Rs 10 have become more important now. Those coins which we earlier used to drop in our kids’ money bank have suddenly started playing an important role in the household budget. This whole episode of demonetization has taught me some important financial lessons that I almost forgot in the hustle and bustle of life.

Build a contingency plan

Having a contingency plan is the first step that you should take towards building a strong financial future. You may have often seen that people don’t plan for their liquidity requirements. Mainly, it happens because most of the investments are made without considering needs and in most of the cases, it is done in a sporadic manner.
It is pertinent that people build a contingency fund with an amount equivalent to your minimum six months’ expenses in investments that can easily be converted into cash in a day’s notice, and generate better returns as compared to a saving bank account. You can invest in liquid funds of mutual funds which offer dual benefits of liquidity and returns.

Learn to live within means

We all have curbed our expenses after demonetization to ensure that we are left with enough funds to meet daily needs. If this could be practiced in life on a daily basis and the savings could be channeled into good investment options, then achieving financial freedom would no longer be a dream anymore. Be happy with what you have and don’t indulge in extravagance, as you never know, another demonetization might oc

0 comments:

Post a Comment